Last Updated: March 26, 2021
Amusement parks are a place where families can enjoy spending time together, taking in the rides, shows, and corn dogs. What we don’t always realize when we’re there is that it takes a lot of time and effort to own and operate one of them. If you own an amusement park or any other type of business, there are a few things that you need to know to make your business stand out from the rest of the competition. With the right amusement park marketing strategy, your theme park will be next summer’s big hit.
5 Tips for Creating Your Amusement Park Marketing Strategy
1. A Theme for Your Theme Park Marketing Strategy
Amusement parks are often focused on a specific theme for each ride, store, kiosk, or waiting area. Do the same with your business as a whole. Use storytelling to explain your niche in multiple ways to potential customers. Your leadership team should tell a unique brand story that draws in customers. It doesn’t have to be Disney caliber, but something that makes your theme park themed is a good place to start.
2. Plan for Emergencies
If a ride at the theme park suddenly stops working, the repair crew has to spring into action to get it back up and running right away. Any delay could mean injuries or even deaths. Do you have emergency protocols in place? What do you do to assist your current customers? How quickly are you able to resolve the problem?
3. Anticipate Infrastructure Changes
At some point along the way, a theme park will end up having to demolish an older ride. Whether it be that no one is riding it anymore or the technology is just too old, things happen. Planning for this protects overhead and paves the way for something better to come into the equation. Just as traditional business owners must plan to eliminate certain products from the shelves, so too much amusement park owners. It might not be a fun project to anticipate, but it’s a smart business decision.
4. Create Discounts and Promotions
Every good business owner should run promotions of some sort along the way. Not only is it a great way to get your name out there, but it also reaches a larger audience of people who might not have been able to afford something without the promotion in place. Make sure to promote online how customers can save and take advantage of your deals. 69% of shoppers are now looking for more deals and coupons online. There are plenty of pricing strategies and retail promotion ideas that will bring more people through your gates and help your business grow.
5. Improve Your Theme Park’s Website
There are many ways that your website can help with your amusement park marketing strategy.
- Start by enabling ticket sales directly through the website. With an eCommerce integration, theme parks can sell redeemable tickets through their website as easily as they can at the ticket office. This allows you to keep all sales and data in a single point of sale system for better inventory management and sales reporting.
- Build your website’s SEO to increase your ranking and site traffic. Improving your SEO strategy is a large task, but one that can be done in small pieces over time. It’s also important to always keep up with the current trends in SEO as they are always changing. Becoming more visible on Google and other search engines can make a huge difference to your bottom line.
- Improve the user experience and add interactive features. Make sure your site is navigable and easy to make a purchase. Don’t require extra steps during the checkout process. For ticketing purposes, add a simple interactive map so users can get an idea of what their ticket will get them.
Amusement Park Marketing with KORONA POS
You can make your business as successful as you want it to be. It just takes time and patience to bring it all together and change things around. Find out more how an all-in-one solution can help your amusement park succeed. KORONA can handle your ticketing, kiosks, quick service restaurants, and gift shops all in one great point of sale system.
See Also: The 5 Most Important POS Features for Water Parks
Click below to find out more!