We always keep up with our customers and make sure that things are running smoothly. And sometimes, we try to swing by their physical location to see their operation in person. It’s always fun to meet our clients in person and see how they run their business.
It’s especially fun when they run a roller coaster! Last year, we swung through Dolly Parton territory and visited our friends at Rocky Top Mountain Coaster. Their general manager, Klaus, was kind enough to tell us about his business and how KORONA POS has worked for them. We even got to take a few rides on the coaster, too.
What Is Rocky Top Mountain Coaster?
Rocky Top opened in 2018 in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The area is home to Dollywood, the world-famous Dolly Parton Stampede show, and Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It’s a single-car coaster that can carry one or two riders. The coaster is designed to feel more like the rider is in control, featuring sharp turns, speedy downhills, and abrupt stops.
The coaster sits on over 20 acres of hills and woods and lasts for more than 9 minutes. It can accommodate ages 3 and up (so long as the rider is 38 inches) and starts at only $5 per ride. The coaster can also take large school groups and offers significant discounts for any larger group.
As Klaus mentions, the ride sets itself apart from others in the area by its unique themes and additions, including night rides with special lighting, tunnels, barns, and 4 different drops. Plus, it reaches max speeds of 30 mph, making it one of the fastest single car coasters in the country!
Rocky Top even stays open in the rain so riders can enjoy it any day of the year. To learn more, check out their website, give them a call at 865.453.0033, or just visit them at 2940 Veterans Boulevard, Pigeon Forge, TN.
Why Did Rocky Top Need a Top Theme Park POS System?
Like any amusement park, Rocky Top needed a great theme park point of sale to get their doors open. When Klaus originally went searching, he was looking for something that could be an all-in-one solution, including the following:
- Online ticket sales
- eCommerce retail store
- Reserved bookings
- On-site ticket printing
- Time-based discounts
- Group rates
- Promotional pricing
- Handheld scanners
- Mounted self-scanners
- Turnstile integration
- Sales tracking and reporting
- Retail gift shop sales
- Inventory tracking
- Concessions and QSR stands
It’s important for amusement parks to get each of these features with a single system. This keeps all data under one umbrella, whether it’s from online sales, in-person ticket purchases, and any retail sales
Online ticket sales encourage families and groups to attend. Knowing that they have a space reserved makes planning an outing much easier.
Special pricing features make running a promotion, hosting groups, or giving repeat visitors discounts easy. Plus, Rocky Top offers military members, veterans, firefighters, police officers, and first responders a 50% discount that is easily reflected in the POS system.
Finally, the turnstiles and scanners ensure proper authentication of each ticket and a smooth line for each customer. These integrations maximize your profit by preventing theft and keeping lines short and sweet.
Altogether, these features bring the operations of a theme park into a single system. This makes running a business that much easier.
How Has KORONA POS Worked for Rocky Top?
According to Klaus, it’s been a breeze! He’s used KORONA since day 1 and hasn’t looked back. Below are a couple recaps of what he touched on in the video.
- Ticket sales: Reserving, selling, and redeeming tickets is as simple as can be, for both online and in-person shoppers.
- Lines: Scanners and turnstiles keep lines running smoothly so customers can be on the ride as quickly as possible.
- Validation: Ticket are all properly validated, preventing theft or unlawful reuse of tickets.
- Group rates: KORONA POS makes accommodating a group fast and easy.
- Staff training: Team members at Rocky Top come from a variety of employment backgrounds and POS usage, but each of them found the software intuitive and easy to use.
- Reporting: All sales reports are just a few clicks away with KORONA POS. This means that Klaus can present sales and reports to his owners in just a few seconds.
- Customization: The platform can be completely customized for each business. Klaus can rearrange buttons, logos, receipt and ticket printing, and more as he pleases.
- Time-based and demographic discounts: KORONA POS lets users add special discounts through the POS software or through barcodes or QR codes on the ticket.
- Support: Each KORONA POS user receives included 24/7 customer support by phone, chat, or email. This gives peace of mind during the installation and training, and for the entirety of the subscription in case any issues arise.
To learn more about Rocky Top, check out their Trip Advisor, Facebook, Yelp, and Groupon. And to learn more about KORONA POS click below to set up a free trial!
Check out some of our other customer stories here:
- Truro Vineyards in Truro, Massachusetts
- Pine and Peoria in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Downtown Books in Dothan, Alabama
- The Pretzel Shack in Stony Plain, Alberta
- Shade Tree Liquors in Northwood, Iowa
- vomFASS in Huntington Beach, California
- The Cove on Harbor in Anaheim, California
- Yum Yum Bake Shop in Warminster, Pennsylvania
See another customer testimonial! – The Cove on Harbor in Anaheim